Profile of Mrs Hawa Olga Ndilowe
1. A Career Civil Servant with 35 years’ experience in leadership, management and administration in the Malawi Civil Service at the levels of:-
-Chief Secretary to Government (Head of the Civil Service);
-Deputy Chief Secretary to Government;
- Permanent Secretary at various Government Ministries including Water Development, Defence, Home Affairs, Housing, Information and Tourism, Office of the President and Cabinet, Finance, and E-Government Department
-In addition, 5 years experience in diplomatic service at Ambassador level in the United States of America and United Republic of Tanzania.
2. Some notable achievements include:-
Facilitated Introduction of Organizational Performance Agreements (OPAs) in the Malawi Civil Service to improve accountability of delivering the required results of Ministries to ensure achievement of national development plans.
-Facilitated the introduction of Independent Audit Committees in the Malawi Civil Service in Ministries for improvement of accountability for handling of financial resources by Controlling Officers.
-Facilitated the introduction of women soldiers in the Malawi Defence Force.
-Facilitated Malawi’s qualification for the Millennium Challenge Corporation Programme of the government of the United States of America.
- Holds a Masters degree in Management of Information Systems.
- A Bachelors degree in Economics and Mathematics.
- Various professional certificates in leadership, management and administration of information systems analysis, design and management.
4. On Family and hobbies:-
-God fearing family woman with four children and four grand children and loves Reading and Listening to music